AkH&LA is the Major Speech and Source for Alaska’s Places to stay Market. Established in 1983 the company symbolizes 70% of the lodging locations in the condition as well as over 25 industry providers. AkH&LA is a associate condition company of the American Resort & Places to stay Connection (AH&LA).
Membership in AkH&LA is important to your company because we secure the company atmosphere in Canada, guaranteeing that your company has the biggest potential to succeed. We achieve this by lobbying in Juneau and California, DC, comprising our industry’s passions, developing connections with key law makers and keeping an eye on the big government image. Account rights also delivers lots of industry options, marketing possibilities and provider discount benefits that all benefit your the main thing.
The Alaska Hotel & Lodging Association is a group dedicated to furthering the interests of Alaska’s hotel and hospitality businesses. We are constantly working to represent Alaska’s Hotel and Lodging industry in the government at local, state and federal levels. The AkH&LA works to represent and support Alaska’s hotels while offering education, training, resources and opportunities for its members in the hospitality community.
Membership in AkH&LA is important to your company because we protect the business environment in Alaska, ensuring that your business has the greatest potential to flourish. We accomplish this by lobbying in Juneau and Washington DC, representing our industry’s interests, forging relationships with key legislators and keeping an eye on the big governmental picture. Membership also brings a multitude of industry resources, networking opportunities and supplier discount benefits that all benefit your bottom line.
Here are some of the highlights of the last couple of years:
- · Held regional meetings across the state.
- · Developed closer ties with Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development.
Membership Growth and Benefits
- · Honored by the American Hotel & Lodging Association for highest membership market share for the fourth time in five years.
- · Introduced new benefits including discounts on freight forwarding and GCI Yellow Page Advertising, as well as a WageWatch compensation survey.
- · Grew the Stars of the Industry awards program by 11% from last year with over 500 in attendance.
- · Expanded our high school Lodging Management Distance Learning and ProStart programs into rural Alaska.
- · Built strength in our numbers with 95% member retention.
- · Developed a more streamlined organizational structure that will ensure long term financial viability.
We will continue to build fiscal strength through organizational streamlining and increased participation from the board for industry outreach, and continue to develop more cost-saving supplier programs.
Through these and other initiatives, we look forward to being the instrument of greater profitability for your hospitality operation. It is our great pleasure to put all this to work for you!